Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The Elephant in the Room

Well, it is almost over. This time tomorrow I might be too busy to write. It is certainly not a sad event, but for me it isn't an entirely happy one either. I've been casting about for an analogy. Maybe sending a child off to college. You're supposed to be happy about it, but you know that the door to one universe is closing with a clang and another is opening.

We had another totally beautiful day yesterday. We were wishing we could share such perfect moments with loved ones and friends but there is no way. To get there you have to pay your dues.

Our Wednesday, 25 July 2007, 0600 PDT position was 21N44, 153W07. Course 260M, speed 7 knots. We went about 151 miles yesterday and we have approximately 260 to go.

Bill

3 comments:

Valerie said...

While I understand your ambivalence about ending your trip I can't say I share your feelings. We,on this end, will do our best to give you all re-entry time and space you need to adjust to our mundane world. On the other hand it will be so wonderful to have you here...it has been way way way too long.

Anonymous said...

What's the ETA?

I tried my best to explain Transpac to my broken English co-workers, and I might have had better luck translating in "clicks". I told my boss, "me get call...me go SAIONARA!". And so I might have to start looking for a new job :) See ya soon!

Love,

Anonymous

Anonymous said...

Captain Lindsey Girl ~ There's a couple of people from Tom's office (Trans Pacific Mortgage Group) that want to come down when you arrive. We should probably include Jay & Sharon Fidell on the list, as well. And don't forget KGMB9 TV folks. Do you need names and phone numbers?
Please advise. Aloha, Aunt Dana